Do you reside in Kenya and want to move funds between your PayPal and M-PESA accounts? There is a money transfer service for PayPal and M-PESA customers, enabling joint customers to move funds between their own accounts. The service is provided by Thunes in partnership with Safaricom and PayPal.
Thunes is a B2B mobile payment network connecting financial institutions and mobile operators globally.
To qualify, you must have an eligible Kenyan PayPal and M-Pesa account, and both PayPal and M-Pesa accounts must be held in the same name and you can move money between your accounts. The service does not support money transfers between different people.How to link PayPal With Your M-Pesa
- Head over to www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa.
- Log into your PayPal account.
- Add your Safaricom M-Pesa number that you’d like to link to the PayPal account.
- Thunes, on behalf of M-Pesa, will send you a 4-digit verification code to the mobile number.
- Complete verification by Keying in the verification code you receive on your Safaricom number via SMS
How to deposit and Withdraw From Your PayPal Account Via M-PESA
- Calculate the amount in Kenyan Shillings you need to convert to get the USD amount you want in your PayPal account.
- Open your M-PESA app and select “Lipa Na M-PESA”
- Select “Pay Bill”.
- Enter 800088 as the business number, and your phone number as the account number.
You will receive an SMS confirming that the amount in USD has been credited to your account. You can also head over to the Transaction History page to track your deposits.
- Open www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa and select “Withdraw”.
- You will see your balance that can be withdrawn available in USD. If your balance is in a different currency, you will need to convert it to USD at paypal.com/ke
- Enter the amount you would like to withdraw from your PayPal account in USD.
- Paypal will show you the amount to be received in Kenyan Shillings and the exchange rate used for the currency conversion
- Confirm and complete the withdrawal of funds.
- You will receive the funds in your M-Pesa account.
PayPal charges you a 3pc conversion fee for any amount withdrawn and a 4pc conversion fee for any amount topped up.
Normal M-Pesa charges also apply.
Tech Savvy and Enthusiast, Android Lover … Can help on Tech-related issue because is a passion to me