How to Remove an Admin from Your Facebook Business Page
Admins are people who can administer your Business Page and must be added so they can make the necessary changes. There are five types of Admin roles. You may need to fill all of these roles or even choose to fill all of these roles yourself.
- Manager: The Manager role is what you are when you create the Page. You and anyone else with this designation can edit and delete items on your Page, ban users, post status updates and comments, and send messages to fans. Everything you can do with your Page, Manager Admins can do, too.
- Content Creator: Anyone with the Content Creator Admin status can edit the Page, create a status update, create ads, and view Insights on your Facebook business Page, and it will look as though the Page made the update, not them personally. The status update has the Page thumbnail image and the Page name listed. A Content Creator can do everything a Manager can do except add or remove Admins.
- Moderator: The Moderator Admin status allows someone to reply to comments, ban and block people, send messages, create ads, and view Insights, but not to create a post on the Page.
- Advertiser: The Advertiser Admin status allows someone to view Insights and to create and manage ads on behalf of the Page.
- Insights Analyst: The Insights Analyst Admin status lets someone into the Insights interface and download data from that area.
Here are some quick points about being an Admin of a Page:
- You can have as many Admins and Admin types as you want.
- Always have at least one other person as your Manager Admin in case you’re unavailable to make changes in other Manager roles.
- All Admins need to click the Your Settings link on the navigation menu to adjust the e-mail notification settings and must understand the voice process. By default, Facebook selects the e-mail notification check box for all activity on the Page. This setting means that all Admins receive e-mail notification whenever someone posts or comments on the Page unless Admins deselect it.
- You can remove your Admin status (or have another Admin remove you). Then you view your Page just the way any fan of your Page does. You don’t see the Admin panel, and when you post, you post from your personal Profile. You don’t receive any e-mail notifications for the Page.
- Facebook requires each Page to have at least one Manager Admin. If you try to remove yourself as a Manager Admin before adding someone else, you won’t be able to remove yourself.
Here are the steps for removing someone as an Admin of your Page:
- Go to your Page, and click the Edit Page button.
- Click Admin Roles in the drop-down choices.
- Click the X next to the name of the person you want to remove.If you’re removing yourself, click the X next to your name.You won’t be able to edit your Page or gain access to Insights, ads, notifications, and so on when you remove yourself as an Admin. If you try to remove yourself as an Admin before adding another Manager Admin, you won’t be able to remove yourself.
- Click Save Changes.
- Enter your Facebook password as a security step and click Confirm.
Tech Savvy and Enthusiast, Android Lover … Can help on Tech-related issue because is a passion to me