HOW TO INSTALL A DSTV DISH
YOU CAN FIND THE SIGNAL FOR A DSTV SATELLITE DISH USING YOUR CLIENT’S DECODER.
- Mount the mast securely using a drill and Fischer plugs, and bolt into place facing an easterly direction. Make sure there is nothing (branches, building etc) between the dish and the sky.
- Secure the dish to the bracket, leaving it loose enough to swivel up and down and from side to side. You will need to adjust the angles of the dish so that it faces the satellite.
- These websites will help you calculate the angles of the dish from your exact location: DishPointer and SatLex. (Select 68.5E Intelsat 7, 10 or 20 for MultiChoice DStv.)
- You will find the angles you need marked on the bracket at the back of the dish.
CHECK AND FINE-TUNE THE SIGNAL USING THE DECODER
- Attach the LNB (the device that fits onto the “arm” of the dish to capture the signal) to the receiver.
- Plug the coaxial cable to the LNB of your dish, and, if it’s not already plugged in, into the “LNB In” port of the decoder.
- Go to “menu” using your remote.
- Scroll to “general information”.
- On the information bar, you will see “signal quality and strength”.
- You should be aiming for around 85 percent for both.
- To make fine adjustments, move the dish up and down and from side to side, watching the reading on the decoder. When you have the highest reading, lock it into place.
Tech Savvy and Enthusiast, Android Lover … Can help on Tech-related issue because is a passion to me