YouTube iOS App Gets Subscription Topic Filters
If you mainly watch videos using an iOS device, YouTube is making it easier to filter through the abundance of content uploaded to your favorite channels.
As the support page explains, YouTube is introducing “topics” in the Subscriptions feed. The idea here is to allow you to tap one of the available topics and have related videos pulled from the channels you subscribe to appear in reverse chronological order.
Now on iOS – tap a topic to see videos in your subs feed that fall under each category, like:
Today = new in the past 24 hours
Continue Watching = you haven’t finished watching Unwatched = you haven’t started watching
All the info https://yt.be/help/yN2p 32710:14 PM – Jan 14, 2020Twitter Ads info and privacy222 people are talking about this
- All lists all videos from channels you’re subscribed to and is the default setting.
- Today shows videos published within the past 24 hours.
- Continue Watching shows videos previously watched but not finished.
- Unwatched shows videos you haven’t watched.
- Live shows livestream videos and YouTube Premieres.
- Posts shows Community posts (not videos) from subscribed channels.
Google employee Hazel from the YouTube team explains, “During our testing, we saw that these topics encouraged more subscribers to come to their subs feed daily to look for new updates. These topics are optional and your default subscriptions feed will continue to show you all videos from channels you’re subscribed to (this is the same as the “All” topic).”
Tech Savvy and Enthusiast, Android Lover … Can help on Tech-related issue because is a passion to me