Whatsapp as we all know it is one of the leading social media messaging apps in the world, with well over 1.5 billion monthly users and that number still growing. Despite having some amazing features, it has a few annoying ones. One of which is not being able to stop yourself from being to added to WhatsApp groups without consent.
But I have something worthwhile to tell about that problem with WhatsApp group. Now, you can now control who adds you to groups with.
Yes, you heard that right!
WhatsApp has introduced new controls that will prevent friends or strangers from adding you in group chats without getting your permission first.
In this guide on Naijaknowhow, you will learn how to easily restrict yourself from being added to groups without your permission.
Let’s delve right into it!
How to prevent someone from adding you on WhatsApp group
Method 1: Enable WhatsApp Group blocking feature
First, make sure you’ve updated to the latest version of WhatsApp on your phone. Then follow these steps:
- Launch the WhatsApp application
- Navigate to Account options
- Select Privacy
- Then Groups
- Select either Nobody, My Contacts, or Everyone
- ‘Everyone’ will let anyone add you to a group.
- My Contacts’ will limit group-adding to people in your phone contacts – forcing everyone else to invite you first.
- And choosing ‘Nobody’ will require everyone to ask for your permission before you can be added to a group.
So there you go… Although, we have one more way this can be achieved but not so relevant since the first method solves the problem.
Method 2: Block group admin
To block an admin whose number is not stored in your phone’s address book:
- Go to the group in WhatsApp, then tap or click the subject of the group.
- Tap or click the phone number of the admin you wish to block.
- If prompted, tap or click Message (phone number) or Send Message.
- A blank chat with the admin will open up. Tap or click the phone number at the top.
- Tap or click Block > Block.
Simple as ABC, I hope you find this guide useful in your course to manage who has permission to add your any group.
We welcome your comments, questions, corrections and additional information relating to this post.
Tech Savvy and Enthusiast, Android Lover … Can help on Tech-related issue because is a passion to me