How to Port from MTN to Glo, Airtel, 9mobile or Smile
Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is a service that was introduced in 2013, it allows users easy and smooth migration from one network to the other without having to buy a new SIM or acquire a new network. In this post, I will be showing you everything you need to know on how to migrate or port from MTN number to Glo, 9mobile, Airtel or Smile with the MNP service.
MNP is useful for those who have amassed clients, business partners, families and friends on their number, a transition of number or network would make connecting with them challenging. Or perhaps if you are frustrated of certain network services and want a new adventure but with the same number, thus the need for mobile number portability comes into question. Porting your MTN line is quite easy and the process can be completed within 15 to 20 minutes.
There are certain things you ought to know before porting your MTN SIM to other networks.
They are as follows;
- Make sure you use up Airtime and data bundles on your current MTN line if not, they would be forfeited when you activate the portability process.
- You may also withdraw funds from your MTN line to avoid being forfeited as well.
- If you’re the type that saves contacts directly on your SIM, make sure you have backed them up on your device, Google account or other relevant platforms.
- Make sure you have not ported your line in the last 45 days if you have… you will have to wait till it completes the 45 days grace before trying again.
- The porting process takes approximately 15 to 20 minutes (max 48 hours) to complete.
Now that you’ve been briefed, let’s delve deeper into the primary purpose of this article. Here’s how to port from MTN to other networks such as Glo, Airtel, 9mobile or Smile in Nigeria.
How to port from MTN to Glo, Airtel, 9mobile or Smile
To complete the porting process you would be required to do the following:
Step 1: Visit outlet of network you’re porting to
Visit any of Glo / Airtel / 9mobile / Smile outlet with your current MTN phone number. Locate the customer support and make your request known.
Step 2: Present a valid ID
You will be required to present a valid ID (driver’s license, Voters card, national ID etc.) before this can be done for you.
Step 3: Fill MNP form and submit
Next, you will need to fill the MNP form given to you accurately and submit when completed.
Step 4: Complete port validation
Complete port validation by sending ‘PORT’ to 3232 by SMS or dial 3232 and follow the IVR voice prompt or visit yes.portnigeria.com.
YOU COULD BE REQUIRED TO RE-REGISTER YOUR LINE TO YOUR NEW AND PREFERRED NETWORK.
There you go!
I hope this article has been beneficial in showing you how to easily migrate your SIM to other networks without changing your number in Nigeria? If yes, don’t hesitant in sharing with your friends and families how port from MTN to 9mobile, Glo, Airtel or Smile network.
Tech Savvy and Enthusiast, Android Lover … Can help on Tech-related issue because is a passion to me