It’s been just three days since the big Facebook-Reliance Jio partnership news and JioMart is already available. The WhatsApp-based portal is reportedly live in three localities in Mumbai, viz. Navi Mumbai, Thane, and Kalyan. So, customers in these areas can access JioMart from WhatsApp.
Let’s see how to go about it and learn the various payment options it supports.
Steps to order from JioMart via Whatsapp
- First of all, add JioMart’s WhatsApp number 88500 08000 on your phones.
- Next, open the JioMart chat window in yourWhatsapp. It is a business account that describes itself as “a quick and easy way to order Grocery Essentials from your JioMart Kirana Store.”
- It will then send you a link that’ll expire in 30 minutes. So, click on it before that.
- Once you click on the link, you’ll be directed to a new page. Herein you must fill your address and phone number.
- Thereafter, it will showcase a range of products from various brands (including Reliance Retail) that you can order.
- You add to the cart and place the order, just like you do in other eCommerce shopping.
- You order is shared via WhatsApp with the registered local kirana store. You, on the other hand, will receive a message with the order confirmation and the kirana/JioMart store details. Additionally, you will be notified once the kirana store generates a bill for your order.
Note: Right now, cash on delivery (CoD) is the only payment option available and there is no home delivery option. So, this means you have to pick up the order from the store.
“The rollout is happening during the toughest of times considering the supply chain constraints. But Reliance will spread the pilot run in various states following its deal with Facebook. And WhatsApp will play a critical role in JioMart’s expansion,” said Vikraman P.N., founder of Finnoviti Consulting.
With its $5.7 billion investment on Jio platforms, Facebook has become the largest minority stakeholder (9.99% stake) in the telecom company. It can leverage the 400 million user-base of Jio. This also lays the groundwork for Whatsapp Pay service, if and when it arrives past the regulatory hurdles in India.
In a video message, Ambani said, “The synergy between Jio and Facebook will help realize Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s ‘Digital India’ Mission with its two ambitious goals — ‘Ease of Living’ and ‘Ease of Doing Business’ – for every single category of Indian people without exception. In the post-Corona era, I am confident of India’s economic recovery and resurgence in the shortest period of time. The partnership will surely make an important contribution to this transformation. This means all of you can order and get faster delivery of day-to-day items from nearby local shops.”
Tech Savvy, Enthusiast, Graphic Designer (Aspiring WEBDEV), Samsung/Pixel Lover, Occasional Blogger – Business -Family Man… Can help on Tech-related issue because is a passion to me