Antivirus has become one of the most important components. Antivirus also functions to maintain computer security. And what are the best antiviruses that you can use?
An antivirus is a software that protects computers from virus attacks that can come at any time. Attacks from viruses can come when opening emails, downloading or sharing files via flash drives and other devices.
Certainly, no one wants to experience this, which is why using an antivirus is a must for PC or Laptop users. Now some of them can be downloaded for free and have features that are no less good with the premium version.
Table of Contents
Here are some of the best antiviruses to download and install on your PC or laptop:
1. Avira Free Security Suite
Avira is the lightest and most effective antivirus to choose from. The free version already offers a variety of advantages that are worth considering. Avira can protect your PC from viruses, adware, spyware, back door programs and other software.
Avira can also detect new malware/viruses that have not been known before. Avira’s features are also interesting, not always available in other antiviruses.
Advantages of Avira Security Suite
- Protect PCs and Laptops from various types of virus attacks, both simple viruses or more complex and sophisticated viruses.
- Can identify viruses automatically.
Disadvantages of Avira Security Suite
- The free version is only used personally.
- The installation process requires a long time in contrast to other antiviruses.
- Real-time security features are quite annoying.
2. Avast Free Antivirus
This antivirus is one of the lightweight and reliable antivirus which has the best level of protection and security. Avast has 2 versions which are free and paid. For the free version don’t worry, its capabilities are also very good.
Some of the features found in this antivirus are CyberCapture to clean up threats, or WiFi Inspector to secure WiFi networks. Avast also has a Smart Scan which functions to detect security threats and Game Mode which regulates notifications and the Behavior Shield as an application supervisor.
Avast can be operated on a variety of Windows operating systems such as Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8 and Windows 10.
Advantages of Avast Antivirus
- Full security and real-time scanning features.
- Password manager feature for account security.
Disadvantages of Avast Antivirus
- Pop-ups often appear with various promotional advertisements from Avast.
- Frequently installs / updates on software that has no connection with Avast.
3. AVG Antivirus
This antivirus was officially acquired by Avast Software in 2016, AVG has also long been a reliable antivirus software. AVG also has a web protection feature that protects browsing activities. AVG Free Antivirus also has safer real-time security updates. This antivirus is free and can also be downloaded if you want to have it.
Advantages of AVG Antivirus
- Safe in case of detection errors.
- This antivirus does not immediately delete files/viruses that are detected like other antiviruses, AVG only quarantines.
- It has a feature that can scan the security of links on websites that are being browsed by users through a browser.
Disadvantages of AVG Antivirus
- It is often wrong to identify exe files as viruses.
- Its use is rather complicated.
Antivirus Smadav is included as a free application that was founded and developed by developers from Indonesia. This antivirus can deal with viruses that go away locally only. This antivirus is very light and also effective in dealing with computer viruses that are quite disturbing.
Advantages of Smadav
- Effectively detect and eradicate dangerous local viruses
- Provides pretty good protection against external connections such as flash drives, memory cards and other similar devices.
Disadvantages of Smadav
- Not able to protect foreign viruses, can only overcome Indonesian local viruses.
5. Comodo Antivirus
This antivirus is suitable for Windows-based laptop users. Comodo protects laptops and PCs from malware attacks by scanning. This antivirus also carries phishing protection and malicious URL blocking. This antivirus is suitable for protecting laptops from virus and malware attacks.
Advantages of Comodo Antivirus
- Light and free to use.
- Compatible and used for various versions of Windows.
Disadvantages of Comodo Antivirus
- More advanced features are lacking.
6. Sophos Home
Sophos Home is an antivirus that only protects a laptop or personal PC but all residents of the house. This antivirus can protect all computer devices from malware attacks. Sophos Home can also block dangerous sites when doing activities in cyberspace. Antivirus that is right for computers based on Windows and Mac OS can also protect 10 devices at once.
Advantages of Sophos Home
- Being able to block dangerous URLs.
- Reliable in handling ransomware, keyloggers and so on.
Disadvantages of Sophos Home
- The features of this device are not easy to understand making it difficult for beginners.
7. 360 Total Security Antivirus
This antivirus has the most features and is also the most complete. This antivirus is one of the lightweight and reliable antivirus which has the best level of protection and security. the presence of features that are also found in other antiviruses such as Web Protection and Auto-scanning of Files, coupled with a variety of other features guaranteed to make your laptop and PC more secure.
Advantages of 360 Security
- Features to use are very complete.
- Automatic scan of files after transfer.
8. Microsoft Defender
Microsoft Defender is an anti-malware component of Microsoft Windows. With this Windows 10 built-in antivirus, you can keep your PC safe with trusted antivirus protection. Windows Defender Antivirus delivers comprehensive, ongoing and real-time protection against software threats like viruses, malware and spyware across email, apps, the cloud and the web.
Advantages of Microsoft Defender
- Features are comprehensive and easy.
- Built-in with all Windows 10 PC.
There you go! Let’s us know via the comment box below if there are other antiviruses you’ve tried on your PC or laptop.
Tech Savvy, Enthusiast, Graphic Designer (Aspiring WEBDEV), Samsung/Pixel Lover, Occasional Blogger – Business -Family Man… Can help on Tech-related issue because is a passion to me